A Smoothwall Administrative user has lost their two-factor authentication (2FA) code because they no longer have the Authenticator app on their device and can no longer log into the Smoothwall UI. The user can't add the authentication manually in the app, they must scan the barcode when re-enrolling for 2FA on the Smoothwall.
Another Smoothwall Administrative user must reset the user's 2FA by removing and reapplying the 2FA to the user's account.
- In the Smoothwall, on the SYSTEM menu, under the Administration submenu, click Administrative users.
- Under the Current users section, find the user that you want to reset 2FA for and select the option in the Mark column and click Edit.
- Clear the Allow Two Factor enrolment option and click Add.
- Again, under the Current users section, find the same user that you removed 2FA for and select the option in the Mark column and click Edit.
- This time, select the Allow Two Factor enrolment option and click Add.
The user needs to log in and click the Enrol for Two Factor Authentication link and scan the barcode to add the account to their authentication app on their device.