To apply different policies to your users when they're offsite, you can create a location policy object that when used in a web filtering policy will apply to all IP addresses except yours.
1. Either in your appliance admin UI or in Cloud Filter Portal, create a location policy object with these settings to exempt your IP address, see our help topic, Creating location objects:
- Name: "Outside Premises"
- Exceptions: Enter your school or organisations public IP addresses. Domain names are not accepted. If you have multiple schools you could add them all to this location policy object.
NOTE: the Location object name should be exactly "Outside Premises".
2. Either in your appliance admin UI or in Cloud Filter Portal, create your web filtering policies with the new location object, see our help topics, Creating web filter policies or Adding web filter policy folders and policies.
Tip: You can also use Location objects in a policy folder
3. Place your policy or folder towards the top of your policy table. You want to still block any unwanted content but allow your users to access certain content when offsite and out of school.
4. Ensure the following Ports are open for your Cloud Filter devices
|tcp / udp