The Smoothwall Cloud Filter extension can be installed manually on unmanaged or otherwise 'non-domain' devices. While this is by no means advised, the instructions for doing do are as follows.
You will require
- Your Unified Client Serial Number, which you will have received in your onboarding email from Support.
- The Unified Desktop Client software, available at https://software.smoothwall.com
- If you are part of a Multi-Tenant Smoothwall deployment, you will also need your Tenant ID which can be found on the Parent Smoothwall under System > Administration > Tenants.
Manual Installation Process
- Download the Unified Desktop Client from the Customer Downloads page.
- Extract the zip file to a convenient location.
- Open an elevated PowerShell and navigate to the extracted directory.
- Run the 'prepare-manual-install.ps1' script in the format:
.\prepare-manual-install.ps1 -serial UNCL_SERIAL
If part of a multi-tenant Smoothwall deployment then:
.\prepare-manual-install.ps1 -serial UNCL_SERIAL -tenant TENANT_ID
NOTE: you may need to set the execution policy for running third party scripts with the following command before running the preparation script:
- Run the sw-uc-desktop-client installer from the same directory.
- The service will be running post-installation, however, a system reboot is advised.