Smoothwall recommends that you assign the role of Safeguarding Contact to a Principal or the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). They should be familiar with the Smoothwall Portal, and approved to access sensitive information.
A Safeguard Contact has full access to Smoothwall Monitor to:
- Receive email alerts
- View events
- View dashboard
- View and manage installed devices
- Manage Safeguarding, Limited Safeguarding IT and Reporting contacts
- Manage alerting profiles
Creating a Safeguarding Contact
- Go to your Smoothwall Portal home page.
- Select Monitor.
- Select the Edit link for your required Organisation.
- Select Safeguarding contacts from the sidebar.
- Select Add contact.
- Enter a Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Mobile Number (Optional) and Notes.
Note: Adding an optional note about availability can help Smoothwall Moderators to provide a more efficient service by not attempting to contact unavailable staff.
- Tick the Receive weekly dashboard email checkbox to receive the weekly dashboard statistics including the number of users logged on, captures taken, devices, and any events which need action to be taken.
- Select Save.