Smoothwall Monitor’s Safeguarding Contacts can create and customise alerting profiles for different groups of users. Alerting Profiles are linked with a Smoothwall Group, so that any alerts raised for any user within that group trigger an email to the appropriate contacts.
Before you start, ensure you have:
- Synced your Azure or directory with Smoothwall
- Created one or more Smoothwall Groups
- Created at least one Safeguarding Contact, Limited Safeguard Contact (Optional) and at least one IT Contact
Creating Alerting Profiles
Alerting Profiles are customisable profiles that can be created to report on Smoothwall Groups. You can specify different alert types and email alert levels.
Note: Users who don’t fit an Alerting Profile will be picked up by the default profile which will be sent to the main Safeguarding Contact.
- Go to your Smoothwall Portal home page.
- Select Monitor.
- Select Edit for your required Organisation.
- Select Alerting Profiles from the sidebar.
- Select Create New Alerting Profile.
- Enter a Name and Description.
Note: The Name and Description can be edited after the profile is saved.
- Select a Target Age Range using the dropdown. This helps the Moderation of the reporting. You can select from Young Child (4-10), Older Child (11-16), Young Adult (17-18) and Adult (18+).
- Select a Target Group. These are the Smoothwall Groups created within your directory. You can select more than one group.
- Select the Safeguarding Contacts that will receive the alerts and reports. You can select both Safeguarding Contacts (indicated by S) and Limited Safeguarding Contacts (indicated by LS).
- Select the Email Alert Level for each of the Event Types.
You can select from N/A, Level 1+, Level 2+, Level 3+, Level 4+ and Level 5. See About Alert Procedures for more information about the alert levels.
Warning: These levels don’t change and are set by the Moderation team. The Moderation team will still be reviewing, reporting and calling as needed. Safeguarding Contacts can see these alerts in the Portal.
- Select Create.