Customer guidance for upgraded login - 22/11/2021
The login page will function in the same way as before, but with an updated look. You will see the Smoothwall logo instead of the Safeguard Record Manager logo, to bring it in line with our other Smoothwall products. You can still reach this login page by goin app.safeguard.software
• Your login details will be the same, no change.
• If you would prefer, you now have the option of logging in using Google or Microsoft. You can see these options at the top right of the login page.
• If you forget your password, you will need to use the ‘Don’t remember your password?’ link to the bottom right of the login page. Support will no longer be able to reset passwords, as it is something that you can be done immediately without any delay using the ‘Don’t remember your password’ link
If you are a DSL without 2FA enabled
Exactly the same as for Non-DSLs above.
If you are a DSL with 2FA enabled
Your existing login credentials and QR Code will be recognised by the new login system. On your first login after the release, you can use your existing authenticator app to log in as normal. You can also now use any authenticator app; it is not restricted as it was previously. The only exception to this is if you use another Smoothwall product, in which case you will be asked to go through the QR code setup again.
If you need to reset your QR code at any time, for example, if you have changed your mobile phone, another DSL can reset your 2FA in ‘User Management’ area using the blue ‘Reset 2FA’ button. Support will no longer be able to view or reset QR codes. If you are unable to access your QR code, or your DSL is unavailable to reset your 2FA, you can use the ‘Try another method’ link. This will allow you to choose to receive an email with a one-time access code.
If your organisation uses other Smoothwall products
Auth0 will allow you to use Single Sign-On (SSO) with any other Smoothwall products you use. If your organisation already uses another Smoothwall product, your login for Record Manager will now automatically match the login credentials you already use. So you will need to use those login details when you log in to Record Manager for the first time after the release.
If in the future, you change your login details in any of your Smoothwall products, Auth0 will automatically update these login details across all the Smoothwall products you use.
As a part of the migration of users to Auth0, we reviewed current and active users and those who are inactive or have never logged in to Record Manager. As a result, we have not migrated the following users:
• Users that have never logged in
• Users that have not logged in for over 2 years If for any reason, you need these inactive user accounts in your ‘Disabled Users’ table in Record Manager, let us know and we can move them over for you.