This article covers the different levels of access a user can have in Safeguard Record Manager. Access levels are controlled by DSL accounts.
There are 3 levels of access to Safeguard Record Manager:
- Training Only
- Default User
- DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
This access level is mainly used by governors and dinner time/ maintenance staff. Users on this level can only perform 2 actions; Complete Safeguard Online Training and read documents uploaded for staff to read. For example the Acceptable Use Policy or COVID-19 Policy. Users with this level of access can't view any student data. Please see below what the portal looks like to a "Training Only" user.
When a user is added or imported to Safeguard they are set up as a Default User. Default Users have a similar access level as Training Only Users expect Default Users can raise concerns for students. This access level is mainly used by teachers who aren't on the Safeguarding Team. When Default Users log in they will see a search bar on their dashboard. This is so they can search for the student that they are raising a concern for. Default Users have access to the following data:
- Student's First and Last Name
- Student's Photo (If on their MIS)
- Student's Class
- Student's Year Group
- Student's House (If Applicable)
- Student's Attendance
- The "Monitored" Tag Only. And the member of staff they are monitored by
This is all data teachers have access to on their MIS system. They can't view concerns and they can't see any other information for that student such as Tags and Documents.
This access level is used for members of the Safeguarding Team. They have full access to the Safeguard System. DSL's have two-factor authentication on their accounts as an added layer of security. This is because they have access to sensitive information.
DSL's have access to the following data:
- Student's full chronology
- Access to transfer records and ability to transfer students
- Access to previous student's safeguard records for the time they were in that school
- Recent Changes Made
- Safeguard Reports
- Staff's Training Records
- Access to Add/remove/Edit Staff List
- Access to Edit Safeguard Settings
- Access to upload documents for Staff to read
- Access to Full Audit Logs
- Access to Safeguard's User Guide
- Access to Safeguarding Resources such as Ofsted Checklists and NSPCC Serious Case Reviews