This article explains what each tag means on Safeguard Record Manager.
This icon means the tag can be changed within Safeguard by clicking it to enable the tag, and then clicking on it again to disable it.
This icon means the tag is pulled through the school's MIS system. In order for the tag to be changed in Safeguard, it has to be changed in the MIS first, then Safeguard will update within 24 hours.
- Monitored - This is a tag that states if a student is being monitored or not. If enabled this student will appear on the Dashboard under the "monitored" section for all DSL's to see. When a normal user raises a concern against a student they can see if the student is monitored or not.
- Welfare - to indicate concerns around student welfare or to relate to the receipt of benefits
- FSM (Ever6) - Students who have been eligible for Free School Meals at any point in the last 6 years.
- SEN - Special Educational Needs - If a student has a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them.
- EHCP - Education & Health Plan - This is when a student has a significant and complex Special Educational Need or Disability that cannot be met by the usual support that is available to them in their school or setting.
- CLA (also known as LAC) - Child Looked After - This is when a student is in public care such as in a foster home or a residential home with parents or other relatives.
- CPLA (also known PLAC) - Child Previously Looked After - A previously looked after child is one who is no longer "looked after" because the student is the subject of an adoption, special guardianship, or child arrangements order which includes arrangements relating to with whom
the child is to live, or when the child is to live with any person or has been adopted from ‘state care’ outside England and Wales
- EAL - English as Additional Language - This student does not speak English as their first language.
- Gifted/ Tal (talented) - A student who is naturally endowed with a high degree of general mental ability or extraordinary ability in a specific sphere of activity or knowledge.
- Service Child (SC) - A student whose parent/carer serves/has served in the armed forces at any point during the first 25 years of the student's life.
- Pupil Premium (PP)- Pupil Premium is a sum of money given to schools each year by the government to improve the attainment of disadvantaged children. This tag is when a student needs to use this grant.
- NRPF - No Resource to Public Funds. This is a standard condition applied to those staying in the UK with a temporary immigration status to protect public funds.
- Child in Need (CIN) -Children in need are defined in law as children who are aged under 18 and need local authority services to achieve or maintain a reasonable standard of health/development, to prevent significant or further harm to health or development, or are disabled.
- Family in Need (FIN) - Families who need help from local authority services to achieve or maintain a reasonable standard of health/development/to prevent significant or further harm to health or development or are disabled.
- CP Plan (Child protection plan) -A child protection plan is a plan drawn up by the local authority. It sets out how the child can be kept safe, how things can be made better for the family and what support they will need.
- Young Carer - A young carer is someone who regularly provides emotional and/or practical support and assistance for a family member who is disabled, physically or mentally unwell or who misuses substances.
- Early Help - Early help is about taking action as soon as possible to help families with children to tackle their problems before they become more difficult to overcome.
- Custom - This is a custom tag that you can create in Software Settings. Please note you can only have one custom tag.
- Referral - This tag is so you can log a referral that has been made on a chronology. Please note this is only a log of the referral, you still need to follow your usual referral process.
- Health Care - A student who is on a health care plan as they are disabled, physically ill or suffering from mental illness.
- Unassigned - This is the tag used for assigning a student to a DSL. When this tag is enabled it asks the user to select either themselves or another DSL to be assigned to this student. The DSL who is assigned to the student will have quick access to the chronology via their dashboard. To unassign a student that member of staff needs to click "unassign" on their dashboard.