If your remote desktop connection to Capita SIMS RDP services is inconsistent or breaks, it could be that some HTTPS traffic is being blocked by the Smoothwall Filter because of incorrect identity information in the certificates used. Allow access through the filter by adding these domains to your Smoothwall Filter.
- Create a custom category and add these domains, see our help topic, Creating custom categories:
- Name: "Capita SIMS"
- Create a do not inspect HTTPS inspection policy with these settings, see our help topic, Creating HTTPS inspection policies:
- Who: "Everyone, or the relevant user or groups to apply this policy to."
- What: "Capita SIMS"
- Where: "Everywhere, or the relevant location to apply this policy to."
- When: "Always, or the relevant time slot to apply this policy to."
- Action: "Do Not Inspect"
Finding Other Domains To Add
If a client still has issues connecting, you might need to add other domains.
- Open the real-time web filter report and filter the table with this criteria, see our help topic, Monitoring user activity:
- Source IP: The IP address of the client.
- Category: "denied"
- Once the entries have updated, try to connect to the RDP services on the client. If anything is blocked by the Guardian filter, it will show up in the real-time report.
- Add the domain to the Capita SIMS category that you created.