When you install the IDex agent on a domain controller that also acts as DHCP server for the local networks, you can turn on the option to look at the DHCP server activity, so that the IDex agent can use an additional tracking mechanism.
Note: You should only do this on Active Directory controllers that are ALSO DHCP servers.
- Log on to the domain controller that has the IDex agent installed.
- Open the Registry Editor:
- Locate and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDexAgent\Parameters.
- Create a 32-bit DWORD entry with the name DHCPPolling and a value of '1'.
- Create a 32-bit DWORD entry with a name of DHCPPollInterval and a value of '1000'.
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the IDex agent Service.