You might find wix.com or parts of the website not functioning correctly due to them being blocked by the web filter. This is because several parts of the website are categorised differently due to their functions.
Create a custom category for Wix:
- In the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall on the GUARDIAN menu under the Policy Objects submenu, click Categories.
- Type a name for the category e.g. Wix.
- Add the following domains under the Domain/URL filtering section:
- Click Save.
Add the new category to an "Allow" policy in the Web filter policies table:
- On the GUARDIAN menu under the Web filter submenu, click Policy wizard.
- Add in the following:
- Who: Everyone, or the relevant user or groups to apply this policy to.
- What: Wix
- Where: Everywhere, or the relevant location to apply this policy to.
- When: Always, or the relevant time slot to apply this policy to.
- Action: Allow
- Click Confirm and then Save.
Make sure the policy is above other block policies in the Web Filter policies table:
- On the GUARDIAN menu under the Web filter submenu, click Manage policies.
- Click on the policy and drag it to the top of the table.