If Global Proxy has been configured to use client certificates, you must install the certificate onto the Android device.
You do this as follows:
- Download the Global Proxy certificate (
client.p12) from your Smoothwall, to the Android devices’ internal storage.
- From the Android device, go to the Security settings.
- Under the Credential storage section, and tap Install from storage.
- Locate and select the certificate.
- Set the homepage of your chosen browser to point to:
https://<Smoothwall_System_externalIP>:62444, to force certificate validation every time a browsing session is started.
The Android device uses the certificate as an additional layer of security.
Note: If the connecting Android device is outside the Active Directory domain configured on the Smoothwall, users must also provide NTLM authentication credentials after the certificate has been validated. These credentials must match the ones configured on the Smoothwall.