To redirect web traffic from connected Android devices to a Smoothwall Global Proxy, you need to configure the relevant access point with the correct proxy details.
You do this as follows:
- From the Android device, go to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Do one of the following:
- Tap Add network.
- Press and hold the connected access points’ name, and select Modify network from the menu.
- Tap Show advanced options.
- From the Proxy settings menu, select Manual.
- To redirect back to Global Proxy, enter the Proxy hostname which is the external IP address of your Smoothwall.
- Enter the Proxy port number to send proxy requests to. This is the port number the Smoothwall is listening on for NTLM authentication requests.
- Enter the Bypass proxy for which is the URLs for those domains that don't need proxying, such as localhost.
- Leave IP settings as DHCP.
- Tap Save.
Note: If the connecting Android device is outside the Active Directory domain configured on the Smoothwall, users must also provide NTLM authentication credentials when they first open the browser. These credentials must match the ones configured on the Smoothwall.
Note: It is possible to set the proxy settings for the Mobile data provider to use global proxy when 4G is active. This has to be done in the AP settings for the device. Please consult with the manufacturer for information on how to perform this on the device in use.