DISCLAIMER: These instructions are only for the purpose of guidance. They are NOT instructions how to use Windows software and should not be used as such.
- Click Start, click to expand Windows Administrative Tools folder, and then click Group Policy Management.
- In the console tree, under your domain users folder, locate and right-click the organizational unit folder where you want to create the group policy object and click Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here....
- In the New GPO dialog, enter "Block USB ports" as the Name and click OK.
- Right-click the GPO and click Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, you need to choose if you want to deploy the group policy objects through Computer Configuration or User Configuration.
- Under the relevant configuration, click to expand the Policies folder, the Administrative Templates folder, the System folder, and then the Removable Storage Access folder.
- Right-click the All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access policy setting and click Edit.
- Select Enabled, click Apply and OK.
- On the Group Policy Management Editor check that he State column for the policy setting is set to "Enabled".
- You can check your configuration by plugging a USB into a device with the GPO applied and a warning message should appear saying that access is denied.