For Cloud Filtering and Classroom Manager to work, you need to only use Chrome with the unified desktop client installed and you must remove all other browsers such as Windows Edge.
Note: This procedure is a for guidance only. Your setup might be different and any changes to the procedure due to software updates is out of our control.
- Create a new Group Policy Object(GPO) with the name Block Edge.
- Click the new GPO and click the Delegation tab.
- Click Add and add Authenticated Users, (The Security Group you want this to apply to) For example, LBA-Engineering.
- Click Advanced and make sure Authenticated Users and the security group have read access and apply group policy ticked
- Right-click the GPO on the left and click Edit.
- Navigate to: Computer Configuration --> Windows Settings --> Scripts(Startup/Shutdown) --> Right-click Startup --> Properties.
- Click Show Files, which takes you to a folder. In that folder, put the Disable Edge Startup.bat and the Edge Folder Block.PS1 scripts.
- Navigate to Policies in the file path to the folder and find the long GUID number that the scripts live in.
- Right-click the GUID folder and click Properties.
- Go to the Security Tab and make sure Authenticated Users and the security group that you want has read and execute, list folder contents and read permissions enabled.
- Open the File explorer and on your network share (e.g smoothwall.net) make sure both scripts are in the NETLOGON Folder (if you dont have this, ignore this step).
- Go back to the Startup Properties box, click Add then Browse, it takes you to the folder that you have put your scripts in and select the Disable Edge Startup.bat then click OK.
- In the same Startup Properties Box click the Powershell Scripts tab and then add the Edge Folder Block.PS1 the same way as the last step.
- Once that is complete, at the bottom of the Powershell Scripts tab, it has a drop down box for the order the powershell scripts run in. Make sure this is set to run Powershell Scripts LAST.
- Once done, click Apply then OK.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, navigate to: Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> System --> Group Policy.
- Make sure that the policy Specify Startup Policy Processing Wait Time is Enabled and the amount of time to wait is set to 60 Seconds.
- Navigate back one folder to System and then navigate to Logon.
- Make sure the policy Always Wait for the network at computer startup and logon is Enabled.
- Once this is done, close the GPME (Group Policy Management Editor).
- Next find the OU (Organizational Unit) you would like to link the GPO to and right-click it.
- Next click Link an Existing GPO and click on Block Edge.