This article describes the steps that you should take to apply content modifications to Google.
We have the following content modifications that you can apply to Google:
- Remove Adverts from Google.
- Block Google Doodle Games.
- Remove Translation From Google and Bing Search Results.
- Remove YouTube videos from Google Search.
There's two steps involved for this to work:
- Create a new category that contains all Google domains:
- On the GUARDIAN menu, under the Policy Objects submenu, click Categories.
- Under Manage categories, enter a Name, for example, Google.
- Click Advanced» and under URL patterns, enter:
- Apply the content modification to your new category (Google) by creating a content modification policy:
- On the GUARDIAN menu, under the Content modification submenu, click Policy Wizard.
- Create your new policy as follows:
- Who: Everyone*
- What: Google
- Where: Everywhere*
- Action: Apply Block Google Doodle Games/Remove YouTube videos from Google Search/Remove Translation From Google and Bing Search Results/Remove Adverts from Google*
- If you want to apply 'Remove Translation From Google and Bing Search Results' to both Google and Bing then change 'What' from 'Google' to the 'Web Search' category
* Change or add as appropriate.
Once completed, it will take a few minutes for the changes to take effect. You might need to restart your browser to see the changes.
Note: The three buttons under the search bar on the right hand side (More, Settings and Tools) will be unusable when the content modification "Block Google Doodle Games" is applied. When a user searches for a game, the buttons are visible on every other search.