This article lists the categories to Decrypt and Inspect to achieve the best results for the Safeguarding reports. Normally, we recommend that you Decrypt and Inspect on most, if not, all categories. However, this lists the categories to Decrypt and Inspect as a minimum.
Even if you are hesitant to deploy an HTTPS decrypt and inspect policy, to get the best results from the Safeguarding reports, you need to set up a Decrypt and Inspect policy.
Without Decrypt and Inspect the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall can only analyze the Domain/URL. Therefore, it can't analyze the content on the page. You need to Decrypt and Inspect this list of categories to get accurate and useful Safeguarding reports.
We recommend that you Decrypt and Inspect almost all categories. However, doing Decrypt and Inspect on these categories as a minimum is required to get the best results from your safeguarding reports.
- Adult Sites
- File Hosting
- Sexuality Sites
- Social Networking Sites
- Web Search
Create a HTTPS inspection policy with these settings, see our help topic, Creating HTTPS inspection policies:
- Who: "Everyone, or the relevant user or groups to apply this policy to."
- What: "The listed categories that you want to include."
- Where: "Everywhere, or the relevant location to apply this policy to."
- When: "Always, or the relevant time slot to apply this policy to."
- Action: "Decrypt and Inspect"
Note: Users’ browsers must have the CA certificate for the policy to work.