This article describes how to hide Google Translate from the Google search results.
When you search for “Hello in Japanese,” Google Translate shows up in the search results, even though you blocked the Translation category.
This article explains how to hide Google Translate from the Google search results. If you want to block all Translation services, you should also block the Translation category.
Create a category containing all the Google domains:
- Go to Guardian > Policy Objects > Categories.
- Enter a name, for example, Google.
- Expand the Advanced section.
- Under URL patterns, enter:
Apply the Remove Translation From Google Search Results content modification:
- Go to Guardian > Content modification > Policy Wizard.
- Create your new policy:
- Who: Everyone*
- What: Google
- Where: Everywhere*
- Action: Apply ‘Remove Translation From Google Search Results’
*Change as Appropriate
Once you’ve finished, it takes a few minutes for the changes to take effect. You might need to restart your browser to see the changes.