How to connect using OpenVPN on a Mac.
SSL VPN Configuration for Apple Mac OS X
- OS X 10.4
- iBook PowerPC G4
- Tunnelblick 3.0b6.dmg
Smoothwall -SSL-OpenVPN-client.exe will not run, nor is it needed for Mac devices.
An SSL tunnel configured and running on the Smoothwall. See our help topic, Setting up the SSL VPN.
User information available, either via a local users account or a directory service look-up. See our help topic and its linked topics, About directory services.
- From the Smoothwall administrative user interface, go to Network > VPN > Global.
- Generate a client archive.
- Copy this archive to your Apple Mac and extract the following files:
- ta.key (if in the archive)
- From the device, download
tunnelblickfrom https://tunnelblick.net/, taking care to note any bug fixes in later versions.
- Double click on the 'connection.ovpn' to start the VPN tunnel.