How to connect using OpenVPN on a Mac
SSL VPN Configuration for Apple Mac OS X
- OS X 10.4
- iBook PowerPC G4
- Tunnelblick 3.0b6.dmg
Smoothwall -SSL-OpenVPN-client.exe will not run, nor is it needed for Mac devices.
An SSL tunnel configured and running on the Smoothwall see https://help.smoothwall.net/Latest/Content/modules/tunnel/cgi-bin/vpn/sslrw.htm
User information available, either via a local users account or a directory service look-up see https://help.smoothwall.net/Latest/Content/modules/auth/cgi-bin/auth/directories.htm
- From the Smoothwall administrative user interface, go to Network > VPN > Global.
- Generate a client archive.
- Copy this archive to your Apple Mac and extract the following files:
- ta.key (if in the archive)
- From the device, download
tunnelblickfrom https://tunnelblick.net/, taking care to note any bug fixes in later versions.
- Double click on the 'connection.ovpn' to start the VPN tunnel.