Troubleshooting when updates and modules fail to install
Unable to install updates or modules.
The most likely cause is that your Smoothwall:
- is not connected to the Internet
- has not registered or cannot register itself with our registration servers
- or is unable to resolve the host names needed to authorize module and update installations.
If an update install fails, further information can be found in the systems logs:
- Go to Reports > Logs > System.
- Change Section to be Update transcript.
- Select the date period.
- Click Update.
This will advise if the update or module requires a previous update.