The IDex Agent is a Smoothwall application that is installed on your Active Domain controllers. Any connection errors are written to the Windows Application even log. You can enable verbose logging for the IDex Agent.
The IDex Agent does not have a user interface where you can enable further diagnostics. Instead, you must enable diagnostics through a Windows Registry key.
Warning: It should be noted that enabling verbose diagnostics for the IDex Agent is expensive in terms of load on your Active Directory domain controller. Every event detected by the IDex Agent, whether a user event, a change in the Active Directory configuration, or any activity on the controller itself it logged to the Windows Application event log. This can rapidly take up hard drive space, so it is advisable to enable this for the shortest time possible.
- Log into the domain controller that has the IDex Agent installed.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Locate and expand following key:
- Right-click on DiagSettings, and select Modify.
- Change Value Data to be
Tip: Make a note of the original value so you can re-enter this when you no longer need verbose diagnostics.
- Ensure Hexadecimal is selected for Base.
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Ensure you turn off verbose diagnostics when finished.