This article explains how to setup Box.com categories to restrict what the user is allowed to do namely downloading, uploading and opening shared documents.
Note: Implementing this solution will only work on the web client, it will not work with Box.com applications.
The following will outline the procedure of how to set up custom categories to block uploading, downloading, or accessing shared files in Box.com.
- Create a new custom category in Guardian > Policy objects > Categories, named for the service you are blocking, for example, Box.com Uploads.
- Add the following to Domain/URL filtering to block the service:
- To block downloads:
- To block shared documents:
- To block uploads:
Tip: If required, you can add all three URLs above to a single custom category to block all Box.com services
- If one does not exist, create a new HTTPS inspection policy with the Box.com custom category selected as the What, and Decrypt and inspect as the Action.
- Who Everyone*
- What Choose the custom category created in step 1
- Where Everywhere*
- When Always*
- Action Block
- Make Sure Enable Policy is selected
*You should change these based on your organizational needs.