The iTunes application accesses multiple different domains. Those domains are sometimes changed by Apple®. Smoothwall have created a category called iTunes to help; we will add any new domains to the iTunes category as they are being used by Apple. Guardian will be updated every time you refresh the blocklist, see our help topic, Viewing and managing licenses and subscriptions.
To allow access, you should create a whitelist policy for the iTunes category, and exclude it from authentication for the relevant groups.
- Add the following categories to authentication exceptions, see our help topic, Creating authentication exceptions:
- Software Updates
- Authentication Exceptions
- Create a web filter policy with the following, see our help topic, Creating web filter policies:
- Who: Everyone
- What: Authentication Exceptions, SSL/CRL, Software Updates, iTunes
- Where: Everywhere
- When: Always
- Action: Whitelist
- Move the newly created policy above any block or blanket block policy in place for the Unauthenticated IPs group in the Web filter policies table, see our help topic, Managing web filter policies.
You may have this group in a policy folder in position 2 in the table by default if you did not have Unauthenticated IPs allowed to use the web proxy prior to migrating.