The School Asset Manager application on iOS and media uploads does not support the use of a proxy and you need to exclude it from filtering.
Create a whitelist rule for the following domains, see our help topic, Creating web filter policies:
If you are using this application on a non-iOS device and are using NTLM authentication, you might also need to add these domains into Authentication Exceptions.
- Make sure that there is an Authentication exceptions category with these categories, see our help topic, Creating authentication exceptions:
- Software Updates
- Authentication Exceptions Note: This category should already be included.
- Add the domains to the Authentication exceptions category, see our help topic, Creating custom categories:
Web Filter Policies
- Create a policy with the following conditions, see our help topic, Creating web filter policies:
- Who Everyone
- What Authentication Exceptions, SSL/CRL, Software Updates
- Where Everywhere
- When Always
- Action Whitelist
- Action Enabled
- Move the policy you created up the table until it is above any block or blanket block in place for the group Unauthenticated IPs. See our help topic, Managing web filter policies.
Use a test client to connect to the School Asset Manager. Check the web filter logs, and add any domains that appear for the test client's IP address to the authentication exception created above.