Obtaining an OINK code to use in the Smoothwall IDS/IPS service
The IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection / Prevention System) is based on Snort Open Source software. It uses Smoothwall-supplied rules from
However, it is also possible to use rulesets supplied by
www.snort.org by applying an "OINK" code. This articles explains how to obtain a code.
- Register on
snort.orgat https://snort.org/users/sign_up by entering your email address and setting a password.
- Once registered, login and click on your email address.
- Select Oinkcode. The code is displayed on the screen.
- Highlight and copy this code.
- Log into the Smoothwall administration user interface.
- Go to Services > Intrusion system > Signatures.
- Paste the OINK code in the Oink code field in the Sourcefire VRT Signatures section.
- Click Save.