- Automatic authentication using NTLM
- Guardian is using transparent authentication policies
To get the Mozilla Firefox® browser working with the above, Firefox needs to be told that sending credentials to the Smoothwall is allowed.
When using Firefox with Guardian NTLM authentication in transparent mode we always get an authentication dialogue prompt why?
You need to carry out the below procedure on each individual client device that uses the Firefox browser and needs to proxy through Guardian. The client device also needs to be able to resolve the Smoothwall hostnames without any domain information.
- Open the Firefox browser and enter the following into the address bar:
- Continue past the warning, then search for
- In the resulting list, search for the following key:
- Edit this key and add the hostname of the Smoothwall to the list.
- Save and exit.
Multiple hostnames can be entered in a comma- and space-separated list like this: