Google Drive does work with a proxy server but it doesn't support authentication for those connections. For this to work seamlessly for your users, you can set up Google Drive as an authentication bypass.
Note: Setting up Google Drive as an authentication exception prevents easy user tracking of those domain hits. This is because the domains in question are very broad and other Google applications may use the same addresses.
- Add the "Connect for Chromebooks" category to authentication exceptions, see our help topic, Creating authentication exceptions.
- Category: Connect for Chromebooks
- Create a "whitelist" web filter policy for the Connect for Chromebooks category with these settings, see our help topic, Creating web filter policies:
- Who: "Everyone, or the relevant user or groups to apply this policy to."
- What: "Connect for Chromebooks"
- Where: "Everywhere, or the relevant location to apply this policy to."
- When: "Always, or the relevant time slot to apply this policy to."
- Action: "Whitelist"
- Move this policy to the top of the Web filter policies table, see our help topic, Managing web filter policies.