Some certificate providers also offer to sell an intermediate certificate authority to use in a company Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Using such a certificate authority for HTTPS inspection is not allowed. While it is possible to do this, you would be breaking the terms of your contract with the certificate provider.
Articles in this section
- Activating SafeSearch on all major search engine web sites using Guardian's content modification
- Allowing Embedded Vimeo™ Videos
- Applications on mobile phones, tablets and desktops are failing to work when going through the filter. What should I look for?
- Blocking Images on Google
- Blocking Live Video Streams Through Smoothwall
- Blocking Video search results on Google
- Can I buy a Certificate Authority from a third party and use that on the Smoothwall for HTTPS inspection?
- Can I re-categorise content on the Smoothwall?
- Can I use my Amazon Kindle through a Smoothwall Proxy?
- Can Microsoft ISA server and Guardian co-exist on the same network; if so what is the preferred setup?